Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back by Popular Demand


Yes, we are back on the blog. No, nothing bad has happened to any of us, but rather after finally getting out of the house after a long (read: VERY LONG) pregnancy we have heard many of you say that you kept up with us through our blog. Well, after thinking about it, I (Dana) realized that this was a great way of keeping in touch, detailing our experiences and more so, helping me keep my sanity. The blog has been very therapeutic for me and guess I am in need of more therapy! ha-ha!

Anyway, today is November 25 and it has been 4 months since Miller blessed us with his presence. As of this past Sunday, I like to say, Jesus has risen, Spring has sprung and I am finally coming out of the "new mommy" fog. Matt has been trying to shake his fog by playing more golf. I think it has been working for him too. :)

So, our sweet boy is 4 months. He has been here almost as long as I was ordered on bed rest. I definitely would take these past 4 months than those long, boring ones on my couch, watching the world drive, walk, run by our house. However, these past 4 months have flown by and are in no way like the previous 4 months that dragged on and on.

Miller has been so much fun and now he is finally showing us how much fun he has been having with us. He likes to laugh and smile at us. I honestly think he is happy because he is getting more sleep--about 7 to 10 hours a night--with a small "wake up" call after about 4 hours of going to bed. I am trying to get him to stop doing this but not sure how to do it just yet. Many of our friends say that he will sleep even harder (and not do the special "wakeup" call) after he starts eating more than just formula. He has a doctor's appointment on April 1st and we are hoping that the doctor will give us the "go ahead" for the rice cereal.

He weighs about 13 pounds and that is just my guess for now. He is eating alot and definitely does not look like a baby that was born early. He has caught up and he did it fast!! We love his little baby fat rolls but not sure how he likes for us to keep pinching/squeezing them but we can't help it!

All in all-these past 4 months have been the best ones of our lives--and definitely worth the other 4 where I watched the world go by. If ever asked to do it again, I would do it in a heartbeat! Once again, we are true believers in the power of prayer! We can't thank you enough for all of the prayers y'all said for us! We hold our miracle every day. Miller is incredible.

I hope that you are all are doing well! Peace and Love to you all!

Dana, Matt and Miracle Miller

No comments: